Type: Shell Loading BB Revolver.
Model:Dan Wesson 715 6 Inch Sliver.
Materials: Mostly metal.
Weight: 2.7 pounds. (1225 grams)
Barrel: Metal non-rifled.
Propulsion: CO2 x 1.
Action: Revolver, single and double action.
Ammunition Type: 4.5mm Steel BB's.
Ammunition Capacity: 6 rounds.
Trigger Pull: The ASG Dan Wesson 357 Revolver has a smoother trigger than the previous non 715 Dan Wesson Revolvers. There seems to be less of that friction while the cylinder rotates past the spring engaged inner barrel. Even the Hammer has a nicer fell to it with less side to side wiggle. Single action is really nice with a very short take up and light release point.
Accuracy: I have not had a chance to test out the ASG Dan Wesson 715 6 Inch Silver CO2 BB Revolver so far since the outside whether has been rather cold and wet. In terms of accuracy I would expect at least a 1-2 inch grouping from 30 feet out and the clamed fps of 430 seems to be in line with what we should see from the 4.5mm BB shooting Dan Wesson 715. I guess we will have to find out later on when I do my Field Test Shooting video to be sure...
Build Quality: I thought the previous generation Dan Wesson Revolvers where built really nice but the new Dan Wesson 715 takes this up several notches higher. All you need to do is pick this gun up and immediately you are in a state of wow! You almost need to ask yourself if it is in fact the Real Steal Dan Wesson 715 357 Magnum Revolver it feels that good. ASG has beefed up the barrel assembly to a solid component that adds a lot of forward weight which would be just like what you would expect from the 357 Magnum shooting version. To balance it all off the forward weight, the grips section is also reinforced with metal underneath the Hogue Styled rubber finger grips which again are another huge improvement over the plastic pistol grips found on previous models of the ASG Dan Wesson's. The stainless finish is of course awesome and this guns simply looks and feels great!
Realism: Again referencing the new ASG Dan Wesson 715 6 Inch Silver CO2 BB Revolver to it's predecessors, the Dan Wesson 715 is a true replica of the Dan Wesson 715 357 Magnum Revolver in almost every aspect and not just the Dan Wesson name. I could tell you everything that was the same but it's simply much easier to point out the only real difference I was able to point out and that would be the two pins that connect the barrel assembly to the frame of the BB version of the Dan Wesson 715. Not a deal breaker by any means and the pins really don't take away from this gun in my opinion.
Purchased From: The Replica Airguns Store.
- Another great shell loading revolver, perhaps one of the nicest modern BB revolvers to date!
- Almost all metal design, super heavy, feels like a real gun in the hand.
- Lots of detail in this gun, very well made, fit and finish is excellent.
- Dan Wesson Licensed and an excellent replica overall.
- Adjustable rear sight for windage and elevation.
- Rubber Hogue style finger grips, huge improvement over previous Dan Wesson grips.
- Well hidden CO2 screw and Allen key built into the removable grip.
- Much improved hammer and trigger action, smoother trigger and less wiggle in hammer.
- Barrel opening is very realistic, even has simulated rifling.
- Safety design is well hidden and easy to use.
- Two pins to attach the barrel assembly to the frame are not in line with the real steel version.
- Trigger still has a bit of that initial friction in double action mode because of the spring loaded internal barrel.
I was already a big fan of the Dan Wesson line of Revolvers, this new 715 version of the Dan Wesson takes it to a whole new level! In terms of the modern shell loading CO2 Revolvers out there the ASG Dan Wesson 715 6 Inch Silver CO2 BB Revolver is by far my new favorite. ASG completely redesign their new ASG Dan Wesson 715 6 Inch Silver CO2 BB Revolver basing it entirely on the real steel version and capturing the quality, look and feel nearly exactly. if you already have a Dan Wesson Revolver and think that perhaps you can pass the new version by, well I would think again or you may be missing out on one of the best BB Revolvers out there at this time.
My YouTube Video Table Top Review for the Dan Wesson 715 CO2 BB Revolver: