Type: BB machine gun.
Model: RAP5 (H&K MP5).
Materials: Metal & Polymer.
Weight: 6-7 pounds.
Barrel: 9.5 inches, metal non-rifled.
Propulsion: CO2 or bulk air.
Action: Semi & full auto, single action.
Ammunition Type: .4.5mm steel BB.
Ammunition Capacity: 21 round magazine.
Trigger Pull: The trigger pull on the Real Action Paintball RAP5 feels kind of like an on/off switch, even though it is not an electronic switch it kind of feels like one a bit and it seems to need some CO2 or Air pressure in order to operate. Once the pressure is there, you can engage the trigger. The trigger is fairly short and nice and light.
Accuracy: I was pretty impressed with the RAP5 BB machine guns overall accuracy. I did not have to play around to much with my Red Dot scope to get it on target and keeping it on target is easy to do in both semi and full auto modes. I was especially impressed with how well it stayed on target in full auto mode. I like the fact that it pumps out BB's very quickly and they go exactly where you want them too go.
Build Quality: I was very impressed with the overall build quality of the RAP5, it has lots of metal parts exactly where they would be metal on the real MP5 giving the RAP4-RAP5 BB machine gun a very solid feel. Even the magazines feel solid and are made with metal. I was bit concerned about how the RAP5 would feed and shoot the BB & casing combination but it really seemed to work well and the combined full auto and ejecting casings makes the RAP5 a total gas to shoot!
Realism: The RAP5 BB machine gun is extremely realistic, you can even mix and match real H&K MP5 accessory parts! The only way you can tell its not the real steel is the small ejection port where the .43 caliber casings fly out, and they really come out with some momentum! Other then that this BB machine gun is very realistic in how it operates, looks and feels.
Purchased From: RAP4 (Real Action Paintball)
- Extremely realistic replica of a real H&K MP5.
- Lots of metal on this gun.
- Ejecting casings makes for a realistic experience.
- Semi and full auto selectable with a nice high rate of fire in full auto.
- Can customize with actual MP5 add on parts. (stocks, rails, grips)
- Good accuracy even in full auto mode.
- Can use either CO2 or bulk-air power sources.
- Decent 400fps for a full auto machine gun.
- Not a cheap gun!
- Hunting down the ejected casings can be a bit of a chore but they are not expensive to buy.
- .43 caliber ejection port on the side is a bit of a giveaway.
- Would have liked more options of power-sources when purchasing. (Dual 12 gram CO2 adaptor should come standard)
When I heard about this BB machine gun, I new I had to have it and mostly because of the way it feeds and ejects the shell casings, much like a real gun! I'm also a big fan of the H&K MP5 styled rifle and PDW version. I was genuinely impressed with everything about this BB shooter; design, quality, realism and shoot-ability and I hope to one day get the RAP4 (M4 styled) version of this gun which uses the same feeding mechanism. If you want the most realistic looking and operating full auto 4.5mm BB machine gun you can get then this is really it.