Type: Blank Gun.
Materials: Mostly Metal.
Weight: 3.1 pounds.
Barrel: Semi plugged - front firing.
Propulsion: Gun powder.
Action: Semi auto single & double action.
Ammunition Type: 9mm P.A.K. blanks.
Ammunition Capacity: 18+1 round magazine.
Trigger Pull: The trigger pull on the Retay is about medium pull, it is a bit heavier in double action mode as would be expected and I found that the release is fairly near the very end of the pull. I'm pretty sure the real Desert Eagle only has single action operation but being able to shoot in both actions is kind of nice.
Build Quality: The build quality is similar to that of my EKOL blank guns which makes sense since they are both Turkish made guns. The Retay Eagle is well built and uses good quality materials, this gun is almost all metal and has good heft to it weighing in at 3.1 pounds. The finish quality is typical of other Turkish guns - good but not perfect. The satin finish on this gun has a raw metal look but with a slight gold tint and a semi polished look, keep in mind we will be selling it in Matte Black, non-shiny Chrome and Nickel. The Retay Eagle performed very well for me and had no problems with loading, firing and ejecting rounds when I tested it.
Realism: The Retay Eagle Desert Eagle copy is a pretty decent Desert Eagle replica with a few small exceptions. Overall I would say it is slightly smaller than a real Desert Eagle and has a bit smaller handle which may be good for people with smaller hands and it also has 2 screws near the front of the slide on each side that would not be there on a real Desert Eagle.
Purchased From: the Replica Airguns Store.
- Good hefty 3.1 pound weight.
- Satin finish looks good but the Nickel is going to look even better :)
- Good replica of the Desert Eagle semi auto pistol.
- Trigger is both single and double action.
- 18 round magazine is very high capacity for a pistol.
- Performed very well in my tests with no chambering, firing or ejection problems.
- It's a Desert Eagle for goodness sake - isn't that enough!
- Slightly smaller in size then a real Desert Eagle?
- The screws on the slide are a bit out of place and would look better color matched.
- Barrel back pressure screw needs to be removed to use flare adaptor
- No Manual or cleaning rod included.
This gun was a must have blank gun for me, owning a real Desert Eagle is pretty much out of the question because they are not cheap to buy and operate. For a very small fraction of the price of a real Desert Eagle I get to own the next best thing and as a matter of fact, I may just buy one in each color since the price is very affordable! As with many of the blank guns, the Retay Eagle would make an excellent prop gun for TV or Movie scenes. And you can always impress you friends by pulling out the Retay Eagle and proclaiming "That's not a gun - This is a gun!"
My YouTube Video Review of the Retay Eagle (Desert Eagle copy) Blank Gun: