- BUNCH OF AIRGUNS COMING FOR A LOW COST REPLICA COMPARISON SHOOTOUT
- COLT DEFENDER - H&K USP - S&W M&P - MAKAROV REPLICA BB GUNS ARRIVE!
- UMAREX MAKAROV CO2 4.5MM BB PISTOL REVIEW
- UMAREX H&K USP CO2 4.5MM BB PISTOL REVIEW
- UMAREX COLT DEFENDER CO2 4.5MM BB PISTOL REVIEW
- UMAREX S&W M&P CO2 4.5MM BB PISTOL REVIEW
Type: BB air Pistols.
Colt Defender - Mostly metal with plastic grips.
H&K USP - Mostly plastic with an all metal magazine.
S&W M&P - Mostly plastic with an all metal magazine.
Makarov - Mostly metal.
Colt Defender - 1.6 pounds.
H&K USP - 1.8 Punds.
S&W M&P - 1 pound.
Makarov - 1.5 pounds.
Colt Defender - Non-rifled Metal - 4.3 inches.
H&K USP - Non-rifled Metal - 4 inches.
S&W M&P - Non-rifled Metal - 4.25 inches.
Makarov - Non-rifled Metal - 2.8 inches.
Propulsion: CO2 x1.
Action: Semi auto.
Ammunition Type: Steel BBs 4.5mm.
Colt Defender - 16
H&K USP - 22
S&W M&P - 19
Makarov - 16
Colt Defender - 440
H&K USP - 400
S&W M&P - 480
Makarov - 380
Trigger Pull: On all these guns the trigger pull is about medium with a bit of a break near the end. Only the Makarov has Single Action capability which gives it a much nicer and lighter trigger pull when desired.
Colt Defender - At 20 feet in standing unrested position I got about a 2 inch group from 10 rounds.
H&K USP - At 20 feet in standing unrested position I got about a 2 inch group from 10 rounds.
S&W M&P - At 20 feet in standing unrested position I got about a 1.5 inch group from 10 rounds.
Makarov - At 20 feet in standing unrested position I got about a 1 inch group from 10 rounds.
Colt Defender - Mostly metal with plastic grips, the gun had good finishing and a hefty weight to it.
H&K USP - Mostly good quality plastic with a full metal, full size magazine that gave the gun a solid feel
S&W M&P - Almost entirely plastic, it felt more like a toy then a gun because of it's light weight and shinny finish.
Makarov - Mostly metal with plastic grips and safety. This gun has good weight, feel and finishings.
Colt Defender - Even though this BB gun is mostly metal, there are not a lot of moving parts, most parts where moulded into the gun and un-operational with the exception of the trigger and magazine release button.
H&K USP - I found it easy to forget about all the plastic in this air gun because of the excellent detail, everything is exactly right where it's supposed to be!
S&W M&P - On paper this gun is the right size and shape and pretty much looks like the real S&W M&P. You just don't want to get too close or pick it up or the illusion is lost.
Makarov - An overal good replica with a moving slide that's even filed strip-able. The paint is a bit shinny but it makes for a nice looking gun overall.
Purchased thes guns at: The Replica Airguns Store.
- Colt Defender - Mostly metal, high FPS.
- H&K USP - Very realistic, full metal full size drop out magazine.
- S&W M&P - Surprisingly good accuracy, high FPS, drop out metal magazine.
- Makarov - Mostly metal, moving slide, double and single action, drop out metal slide.
- Colt Defender - Most moving part are non-functional, no drop out magazine.
- H&K USP - More metal and a moving slide would have been a nice touch.
- S&W M&P - Lots of cheap plastic, no real weigh to it, parts mostly moulded into the air pistol.
- Makarov - No blowback, no slide catch, paint is a bit shinny.
I had very low expectations for most of these guns based on their low price point. But in the end, I was impressed with at least a couple things about them each of them! I can honestly recommend all of them but just make sure you buy them for the right reasons... If you want a high FPS and accurate target BB pistol then take a look at the Umarex S&W M&P. If you want an all metal gun with lots of moving parts then the Umarex Makarov is probably for you. If you're looking for a very close replica that's got a full size drop out magazine then you probably want the Umarex H&K M&P. If you want something that is super solid and almost indestructible then get then the Umarex Colt Defender juts might fit that bill.