- BUNCH OF AIRGUNS COMING FOR A LOW COST REPLICA COMPARISON SHOOTOUT
- COLT DEFENDER - H&K USP - S&W M&P - MAKAROV REPLICA BB GUNS ARRIVE!
- UMAREX MAKAROV CO2 4.5MM BB PISTOL REVIEW
- UMAREX H&K USP CO2 4.5MM BB PISTOL REVIEW
- UMAREX COLT DEFENDER CO2 4.5MM BB PISTOL REVIEW
- UMAREX S&W M&P CO2 4.5MM BB PISTOL REVIEW
Type: BB air Pistols.
Models: Colt Defender - H&K USP - S&W M&P - Makarov.
Colt Defender - Mostly metal with plastic grips.
H&K USP - Mostly plastic with an all metal magazine.
S&W M&P - Mostly plastic with an all metal magazine.
Makarov - Mostly metal.
Colt Defender - 1.6 pounds.
H&K USP - 1.8 Punds.
S&W M&P - 1 pound.
Makarov - 1.5 pounds.
Colt Defender - Non-rifled Metal - 4.3 inches.
H&K USP - Non-rifled Metal - 4 inches.
S&W M&P - Non-rifled Metal - 4.25 inches.
Makarov - Non-rifled Metal - 2.8 inches.
Propulsion: CO2 x1.
Action: Semi auto.
Ammunition Type: Steel BBs 4.5mm.
Colt Defender - 16
H&K USP - 22
S&W M&P - 19
Makarov - 16
Colt Defender - 440
H&K USP - 400
S&W M&P - 480
Makarov - 380
Trigger Pull: On all these guns the trigger pull is about medium with a bit of a break near the end. Only the Makarov has Single Action capability which gives it a much nicer and lighter trigger pull when desired.
Colt Defender - At 20 feet in standing unrested position I got about a 2 inch group from 10 rounds.
H&K USP - At 20 feet in standing unrested position I got about a 2 inch group from 10 rounds.
S&W M&P - At 20 feet in standing unrested position I got about a 1.5 inch group from 10 rounds.
Makarov - At 20 feet in standing unrested position I got about a 1 inch group from 10 rounds.
Colt Defender - Mostly metal with plastic grips, the gun had good finishing and a hefty weight to it.
H&K USP - Mostly good quality plastic with a full metal, full size magazine that gave the gun a solid feel
S&W M&P - Almost entirely plastic, it felt more like a toy then a gun because of it's light weight and shinny finish.
Makarov - Mostly metal with plastic grips and safety. This gun has good weight, feel and finishings.
Colt Defender - Even though this BB gun is mostly metal, there are not a lot of moving parts, most parts where moulded into the gun and un-operational with the exception of the trigger and magazine release button.
H&K USP - I found it easy to forget about all the plastic in this air gun because of the excellent detail, everything is exactly right where it's supposed to be!
S&W M&P - On paper this gun is the right size and shape and pretty much looks like the real S&W M&P. You just don't want to get too close or pick it up or the illusion is lost.
Makarov - An overal good replica with a moving slide that's even filed strip-able. The paint is a bit shinny but it makes for a nice looking gun overall.
Purchased thes guns at: The Replica Airguns Store.
- Colt Defender - Mostly metal, high FPS.
- H&K USP - Very realistic, full metal full size drop out magazine.
- S&W M&P - Surprisingly good accuracy, high FPS, drop out metal magazine.
- Makarov - Mostly metal, moving slide, double and single action, drop out metal slide.
- Colt Defender - Most moving part are non-functional, no drop out magazine.
- H&K USP - More metal and a moving slide would have been a nice touch.
- S&W M&P - Lots of cheap plastic, no real weigh to it, parts mostly moulded into the air pistol.
- Makarov - No blowback, no slide catch, paint is a bit shinny.
I had very low expectations for most of these guns based on their low price point. But in the end, I was impressed with at least a couple things about them each of them! I can honestly recommend all of them but just make sure you buy them for the right reasons... If you want a high FPS and accurate target BB pistol then take a look at the Umarex S&W M&P. If you want an all metal gun with lots of moving parts then the Umarex Makarov is probably for you. If you're looking for a very close replica that's got a full size drop out magazine then you probably want the Umarex H&K M&P. If you want something that is super solid and almost indestructible then get then the Umarex Colt Defender juts might fit that bill.
My YouTube Video Comparison Review for these Low Cost Airguns: