Type: BB Rifle.
Model: DPMS SBR.
Materials: Metal & plastic.
Weight: 6.5 pounds (4.98 kilograms).
Length: 26.9 - 30.4 inches.
Propulsion: 12 gram CO2 dual cartridges.
Action: Blowback - single action only.
Ammunition Type: 4.5mm steel BB's.
Ammunition Capacity: 25 rounds.
Rate of Fire: 1400 rounds per minute in full auto
Trigger Pull: The trigger pull on the Crosman DPMS SBR CO2 Blowback BB M4 Rifle is sin gel action only since the charging handle must be cocked first before you can shoot it. The trigger is short and fairly light but not too light that a misfire can happen easily. Then Crosman DPMS SBR CO2 Blowback BB M4 Rifle makes for a great action shooter in semi auto or full auto mode!
Accuracy: So far I have only played around with the Crosman DPMS SBR CO2 Blowback BB M4 Rifle but I can say it feels pretty good and seems to hit what I aim at even when in full auto mode which does rock the gun a bit. Don;t expect full auto mode to be the most accurate but it sure is fun and with all those BB's coming out the barrel at 1400 rounds per minute you're probably going to hit what ever your shooting at. Because of the blowback operation you will get a little over 400 fps which is totally fine for an action shooter like this.
Build Quality: The Crosman DPMS SBR CO2 Blowback BB M4 Rifle is well made all around. Weighing in at 6.5 pounds it feel solid and well built. There is a lot of metal going on inside and out of this rifle but keep in mind the top and bottom receiver are plastic but metal parts are where they need to be like in the internals, pretty much all the working parts are metal, the magazine is full metal, the buffer tub is metal and of course the barrel is metal.
Realism: The Crosman DPMS SBR CO2 Blowback BB M4 Rifle is about as real as you are going to get in a CO2 Blowback M4 styled Airgun. You can even take it apart into the top and bottom receivers like the real steal version. The blowback action gives you some recoil but more importantly offers a true single action trigger and of course the full auto ability we all love. Almost all the working parts work like they would on a real M4 other than the forward assist which is moulded into the receiver.
- Most realistic working M4/AR 4.5mm BB Rifle out there right now.
- Full blowback operation with both semi and full auto shooting, can feel the blowback operation rocking the gun.
- Great weight and feel to it.
- Almost everything works exactly like there pal steel version. (Charging handle, dust cover, bolt release, magazine release, selector switch…)
- Duel CO2 full metal drop out magazine that holds 4.5mm steel BB’s as well.
- Adjustable buttstock.
- Adjustable pop-up iron sights.
- Lots of rails of mounting additional cool hardware.
- Included adjustable foregrip.
- Muzzle cap looks cool too!
- Receiver is plastic but well made and does not compromise feel or weight since there is lots of metal throughout this gun.
- Rear Buttstock is not compatible with the AR platform.
- This gun is literally too much fun…
If you haven't figured it out already I love the Crosman DPMS SBR CO2 Blowback BB M4 Rifle and I know anyone that picks one up will love theirs too! I just wish we had them in our Replica Airguns Store but for now we are not Crosman distributers :( We do have some other nice M4/AR styled BB rifles like the HellBoy which I may put head to head against the Crosman DPMS SBR CO2 Blowback BB M4 Rifle at some point even though they are very different in how they operate and their pros and cons.
- My YouTube Table Top Video of the Crosman DPMS SBR CO2 Blowback BB M4 Rifle: