- EKOL ARAS VOLGA, DICLE & JACKAL COMING TO THE REPLICA AIRGUNS STORE
- EKOL ARAS 9MM P.A.K. BLANK GUN SHOOTING REVIEW
Type: Blank Gun.
Manufacturer:EKOL - VOLTRAN.
Materials: Mostly Metal.
Weight: 1.6 pounds.
Barrel: Semi plugged - front firing.
Propulsion: Gun powder.
Action: Semi auto single & double action.
Ammunition Type: 9mm P.A.K. blanks.
Ammunition Capacity: 15+1 round magazine.
Trigger Pull: The trigger pull of the EKOL Aras is decent in both single and double action modes, not as light as the EKOL Special 99 when in single action but still very good. The pull is long but the break point is predictable once you know where it is. Even when shooting in double action the trigger pull is moderate.
Build Quality: The build quality is similar to that of my Zoraki blank guns. The EKOL Aras is well built and uses good quality materials, this gun is almost all metal and even though I would say it is a medium size gun, it still has good heft to it. The finish quality is typical of other Turkish guns - good but not perfect. The Gloss Black finish on this gun smooths out any small imperfections you might see in the Satin version. This is the only EKOL blank gun I own that has the rubber wrap around grips - a nice touch!
Realism: The EKOL Aras closely resembles the Browning Hi-Power semi auto pistol, the EKOL Aras I was reviewing was the Compact version, the Aras Magnum version is more like the Browning Hi-Power.
- Nice weight and a good medium sized semi auto with a 15+1 magazine gun.
- Gloss Black finish looks really nice on this gun with the contrasting chrome barrel.
- Good replica of the Browning Hi-Power 9mm semi auto pistol.
- The trigger is nice and light although maybe a bit long.
- Wrap around rubber pistol grips on this gun look really good compares to some other EKOL grips that are kind of plasticy.
- It was hard to find anything to complain bout with this blank shooter?
- It is a bit hard to get the slide catch-release out when field-stripping.
I have to say I really like the EKOL Aras, it's a nice compact size and weight but still holds 15+1 rounds of 9mm P.A.K. blanks. Mine came with rubberized wrap around grips, something none of my other EKOL blank shooters had. The Gloss black finish on the EKOL guns is always nice and this one looked even better with the contrasting chrome barrel and ejection port. If you like the Browning Hi-Power look then you will probably like this blank gun and it would also make an excellent training gun for browning fans or for just about anyone for that matter.