Type: Pellet air pistol.
Model: Beretta M 92FS.
Materials: Mostly metal construction.
Weight: 2.9 pounds.
Barrel: 4.5 inches, metal rifled.
Propulsion: CO2 x 1.
Action: Semi auto, single and double action.
Ammunition Type: .177 caliber pellets.
Ammunition Capacity: 8 rotary magazine.
Trigger Pull: The Umarex Beretta M 92FS has a double action trigger and is extremely nice in both single and double action mode with the single action having the lightest pull. As this gun uses a rotary magazine, the first part of the trigger motion not only cocks the hammer but also rotates the internal 8 shot magazine.
Accuracy: I shot this air gun from 20 feet away in a free standing position at my target, and it performed well getting a mainly tight grouping with a few flyers possibly because of the awkward camera mount position I was using. I removed the camera and shot another 4 magazines in double action and was able to keep most of the pellets in a 1.5 inch group. My Chrony testing with an eight shot averaged result was 363 fps using 6.9 grain RWS pellets.
Build Quality: This is an almost all metal air gun with excellent fit and finish and a nice heavy 2.9 pound weight to it. It's made in Germany, so you know it's a quality product? The only non-metal parts to speak of are the grips which are a hard plastic or real wood depending on what version of this gun you have. The mechanics of this gun are very fluid.
Realism: The Umarex Beretta M 92 FS is a licensed replica of the real Beretta M 92FS semi auto pistol. It looks very close to the real steel with the exception of the break in the slide where the rotary magazine is accessible.
Purchased From: Used.
- All metal construction - good weight and very solid feeling gun - 2.9 pounds!
- German made!
- Comes in a nice hard-shell case.
- Very nice looking gun with in the Matte black - Blued finish and in the two-tone Nickel.
- Adjustable rear sight for windage.
- Double and Single Action trigger, very smooth and light in both actions.
- Ambidextrous safety just like the real steel.
- Good accuracy, decent FPS for a pellet shooing pistol and very good usage of CO2 (12 magazines).
- More expensive then many entry level guns but much higher quality.
- The sights are a bit hard to see when shooting on certain darker backgrounds.
- Engraving on the right side of the gun is a bit loud on the black version.
I have to say I pretty much like most everything about this airgun; Its size, its looks, it's German build and quality and the ease in which it shoots. The Umarex Beretta M 92 FS air pistol along with the other German made Umarex rotary magazine air pistols are one of those airguns I think everyone should save up for just to have the pleasure to own and shoot. There is nothing to substitute quality and a gun like this will not only give you teh pride of ownership but also years and years of shooting enjoyment.
My YouTube Video Review for this quality German made Beretta M 92FS Airgun: