Type: BB air revolver.
Model: Colt Single Action Army.
Materials: Mostly metal with plastic grips.
Weight: 2.1 pounds.
Barrel: 4.5 inches, non-rifled.
Propulsion: 12 gram CO2.
Action: Revolver, single action only.
Ammunition Type: 4.5mm steel BB's.
Ammunition Capacity: 6 rounds.
Trigger Pull: Trigger pull on the Umarex Colt Single Action Army Shell Loading BB Revolvers is the best I have ever come across in an airgun. Being that the Umarex Single Action Army Revolvers are single action only, most of the work is done while you pre-cock the hammer. The trigger pull is under 2 pounds and has virtually no take up with a crisp release.
Accuracy: I tested both 4.5mm steel BB's and 4.7mm Lead ball BB's in the Umarex Colt Single Action Army Shell Loading BB Revolver. With the Steel 4.5mm BB's I shot just under a 2 inch 6 shot grouping when shooting from a 30 foot distance using a semi rested position (Sand bag up front, standing in the back). The shots where pretty well center hitting the paper target just a little bit high, they did seem to stray a little more left and right rather then up and down. When I switch ammo to the 4.7mm Lead BB's I got a similar 2 inch grouping but they hit the target a bit lower and tended to shoot tighter from side to side with more variation up and down, perhaps because the lead BB's did not seem to shoot at a vary consistent velocity. My Chronograph testing for the Steel BB's was right around 400 fps while the Lead BB's being heavier shot a bit slower at just under 300 fps.
Build Quality: The Umarex Colt Single Action Army Shell Loading BB Revolvers have a mostly all metal construction other than the plastic grips and any seals. The fit and finish is excellent with a great overall weight in the hand. Whether you get the Nickel or Blued version. The mechanical action of the hammer and trigger feels just like it would on a real single action army revolver.
Realism: In terms of replicating a real steel Colt Single Action Army Revolver, Umarex has done a really great job with their CO2 BB firing version. It's really hard to tell one from the other except for the smaller shells and the discreet safety switch located under the frame. Even the barrel is nicely recessed and has some fake rifling twists in it. The CO2 is well hidden with the Allen key built into the handle so no ugly screw tab hanging down.
Available in the: Replica Airguns Store
- Finally a current production Single Action Army Revolver!
- Looks amazing and is a very accurate replica of the real steel old west version.
- Recessed barrel with fake rifling.
- Great weight and feel in the hand.
- Shell loading design that loads from the back so no need to remove shells if you wish not to.
- Hammer and trigger action is about perfect, no take-up, very crisp and super light.
- Finish on both the Nickel and Blued version is very nice.
- Very well concealed CO2 with built in Allen key.
- Discreet safety location.
- In your face warning instruction on the right side of the barrel are a shame.
- Real steel version would shoot .45 caliber bullets, dummy shells are actual closer to a .38.
- Seems really quiet to shoot, would like to see a louder more powerful version!
All I can say is we finally got our Airgun 1857 Colt Single Action Army Revolver! I have been asking the big airgun companies for this for a while and I knew it would be very popular once made available. As it turns out, not only do the "Americans" want one, but so do many folks overseas! I am really glad that time and effort was put into this first version and we got such a great product that looks amazing and shoots just as good as it looks. For anyone who is interested in owning the classic cowboy six shooter, you have to make sure to get one of these super realistic Single Action Historic Revolves!
My YouTube Table Top Review for the Umarex Colt Single Action Army CO2 BB Revolver :