Type: Pellet air pistol.
Model:Colt Government 1911 A1 Nickel.
Materials: Mostly metal construction.
Weight: 2.5 pounds.
Barrel: 5 inches, metal rifled.
Propulsion: CO2 x 1.
Action: Semi auto, single and double action.
Ammunition Type: .177 caliber pellets.
Ammunition Capacity: 8 rotary magazine.
Trigger Pull: The trigger pull on the Umarex Colt Government 1911 A1 is extremely nice in both single and double action mode with the single action having the lightest pull making it a joy to shoot at targets.
Accuracy: I shot this air gun at a target from 20 feet away in a free standing position, and it performed excellent getting just over a one inch grouping close to the center of the target, just a little bit high. The sights can be adjusted for windage if you are shooting a tad bit to the left or right. My Chrony testing with an eight shot averaged result was 383 fps.
Build Quality: This is an almost all metal air gun with great fit and finish and a nice hefty 2.5 pound weight to it. It's made in Germany, what more do I need to say? The only plastic parts to speak of are the grips which almost feel like a mix between rubber and plastic. All the mechanical parts opperation are as smooth as butter.
Realism: The Umarex Colt Government 1911 A1 is a licensed replica of the real Government Colt 1911 A1 45 auto pistol. It looks pretty much bang on with the exception of the slight break in the slide where the rotary magazine is accessible.
Available From: The Replica Airguns Store.
- Almost all metal construction - good weight and very solid feeling gun - 2.5 pounds!
- German made.
- Comes in a nice hard-shell case.
- Very nice looking gun with the two-tone Nickel and black finish.
- Adjustable rear sight for windage.
- Double and Single Action, very smooth and light.
- Accurate trigger design and working back-strap safety
- Very good accuracy, decent FPS for a pellet shooter and good usage of CO2
- A bit on the pricy side $200+.
- The sights are a bit hard to see on certain darker backgrounds.
- The engravings on my airgun where a bit hard to see.
The Umarex Colt Government 1911 A1 is a pleasure to own and shoot, you can really tell this is a quality gun from how smoothly it operates and the confidence it gives you even just holding it in your hands. This well made airgun has been around since the late 90's and even today holds it's own. It may not have a working blowback design or drop out magazine but as far as being a top notch airgun made for shooting and enjoying for years to come, it definitely succeeds in that category.