- BUNCH OF AIRGUNS COMING FOR A LOW COST REPLICA COMPARISON SHOOTOUT
- COLT DEFENDER - H&K USP - S&W M&P - MAKAROV REPLICA BB GUNS ARRIVE!
- COLT DEFENDER - H&K USP - S&W M&P - MAKAROV REPLICA BB GUNS COMPARISON REVIEW
- UMAREX MAKAROV CO2 4.5MM BB PISTOL REVIEW
- UMAREX H&K USP CO2 4.5MM BB PISTOL REVIEW
- UMAREX COLT DEFENDER CO2 4.5MM BB PISTOL REVIEW
Type: BB air pistol.
Model: Smith & Wesosn M&P.
Materials: Mostly plastic construction with a few metal parts.
Weight: 1 pound.
Barrel: 4.25 inches, metal non-rifled.
Propulsion: CO2 x 1.
Action: Semi auto, double action.
Ammunition Type: 4.5mm BB's.
Ammunition Capacity: 19 round magazine.
Trigger Pull: The trigger pull on this gun is medium weight and a bit long, the break point is a bit hard to predict but once you get used to it being on the long side it shoots pretty good.
Accuracy: This was my second time shooting the S&W M&P at a target from 20 feet away in a free standing position, and this time it performed not as good as the as the first time i shot it - or should I say maybe I didn't perform as well as the first time shooting? Either way, this gun is capable of shooting a 1 inch group from about 20 feet away.
Build Quality: The Smith & Wesson M&P is built about as cheaply as they come with an almost all plastic construction, even the plastic is kind of cheap looking when compared to another mostly plastic air gun like the H&K USP which looks much nicer even though it too uses a lot plastic in its build materials. With that said, the S&W M&P seemed to function just fine.
Realism: The Umarex S&W M&P is a licensed replica of the real Smith & Wesson M&P 40 pistol. It is a very close looking copy with teh exception of it being mostly plastic and lighter in weight.
Purchased this gun from: The Replica Airguns Store.
- Good accuracy and power combination.
- All metal drop out magazine.
- Good replica in terms of accuracy compared to there real S&W M&P 40.
- Would make a great gun prop for TV or Movie.
- Inexpensive to own and shoot.
- All plastic except for magazine.
- Light weight makes it feel cheap.
- Plastic is very shiny, a more matt finish would have looked better and more realistic.
- I don't like the screw holes - a dead giveaway.
This is another low cost replica air gun from Umarex designed for the more entry level buyer. I wasn't a big fan of the Umarex S&W M&P even before I bought, I purchased it mainly for the comparison review. I have to say the S&W M&P has grown on me soemhwat after shooting and reviewing it, as it does shot well and has great sights on it. I like the fact that the S&W M&P is very true to the original pistol in appearance which as I mentioned before makes it a great candidate as a low cost prop gun for TV and Movie sets.
My YouTube Video Review for the S&W M&P CO2 Airgun: