- BUNCH OF AIRGUNS COMING FOR A LOW COST REPLICA COMPARISON SHOOTOUT
- COLT DEFENDER - H&K USP - S&W M&P - MAKAROV REPLICA BB GUNS ARRIVE!
- COLT DEFENDER - H&K USP - S&W M&P - MAKAROV REPLICA BB GUNS COMPARISON REVIEW
- UMAREX MAKAROV CO2 4.5MM BB PISTOL REVIEW
- UMAREX H&K USP CO2 4.5MM BB PISTOL REVIEW
- UMAREX S&W M&P CO2 4.5MM BB PISTOL REVIEW
Type: BB air pistol.
Model: Colt Defender.
Materials: Mostly metal construction with a few plastic parts.
Weight: 1.6 pounds.
Barrel: 4.3 inches, metal non-rifled.
Propulsion: CO2 x 1.
Action: Semi auto, double action.
Ammunition Type: 4.5mm BB's.
Ammunition Capacity: 18 round magazine.
Trigger Pull: The trigger pull on this gun is medium and a bit long, the break point is a bit hard to predict but once you get used to it being on the long side it shoots pretty good.
Accuracy: This was my second time shooting the Colt Defender at a target from 20 feet away in a free standing position, and again it performed about the same as the first time, with a decent 2 inch grouping. I think with practice, I could get this easily down to a 1.5 inch group.
Build Quality: As the Colt Defender is almost all metal, you can't really complain to much about the durability aspects of this gun. Where I was let down a bit was the lack of functionality. In other words - parts that normally served a purpose like the hammer, slide release, sight adjustments and rear safety - all where just molded into the metal gun and where only for show.
Realism: The Umarex Colt Defender is a licensed replica of the real 45 auto Colt Defender pistol. It is a close looking copy with the exception of the trigger mechanism.
Purchased this gun at : The Replica Airguns Store.
- Almost all metal construction!
- Good accuracy and power combination.
- Very solid and durable air gun.
- Decent replica of the actual Colt Defender 45 auto.
- Most of the mechanical parts are molded into the gun.
- I don't like the screw holes on the right hand side of the gun - a dead giveaway.
- I would have liked a drop out magazine.
- Ejection port metal material is only a plastic sticker.
This is another low cost replica air gun from Umarex designed for the more entry level buyer. It's a very solid and well made gun being that it's mostly metal. There are many positive aspects about teh Colt Defender, it's fairly consistent and accurate, has all the Colt licensing and trademark, has a good 440fps, uses an all metal design, and comes in at a very affordable price.
My YouTube Video Review for this Airgun: