- EKOL - ASI - FIRAT - SPECIAL 99 - ES 55 - MAJOR - TUNA - ARDA ARRIVE
- EKOL ES 55 CO2 4.5MM BB PISTOL REVIEW
- EKOL SPECIAL 99 9MM P.A.K. BLANK GUN REVIEW
- EKOL ASI UZI 9MM P.A.K. BLANK MACHINE GUN REVIEW
- EKOL - ARDA - TUNA - MAJOR - SPECIAL 99 - ASI - BLANK GUN SHOOTING REVIEW
- EKOL TUNA 8MM P.A.K. BLANK GUN REVIEW
- EKOL ARDA 8MM P.A.K. BLANK POCKET REVOLVER REVIEW
Type: Blank Pistol.
Manufacturer: EKOL - VOLTRAN.
Materials: Mostly Metal.
Weight: 1.25 pounds.
Barrel: Semi plugged - front firing.
Propulsion: Gun powder.
Action: Semi auto single action.
Ammunition Type: 9mm P.A.K. blanks.
Ammunition Capacity: 7+1 rounds.
Trigger Pull: The EKOL Major is single action only, the trigger pull is relatively light as would be expected.
Build Quality: The build quality is similar to that of my Zoraki blank guns. The EKOL Major is well built and uses good quality materials, this gun is almost all metal. The finish quality is typical of other Turkish guns - good but not perfect, the satin finish on the Major looks really good giving the gun a nice two-tone look. I can't say I like the grips all that much as they are a bit shinny, but they do the job and don't to be brittle or anything. The gun seems solid and the fit and finish are also respectable.
Realism: The EKOL Major is a copy of the Walther PPK pistol most notoriously used by Agent 007 in many of the early James Bond movies. It is a fairly accurate PPK copy other than the magazine release which on the EKOL Major is located on the bottom of the handle just behind the magazine, whereas on the real Walther PPK it is located on the left side of the frame just behind the trigger.
Purchased From: the Replica Airguns Store
- In Canada you can only get this gun in a blank version unless you have a prohibited gun license.
- If you're a James Bond fan, would make a great addition to your 007 collection.
- Performed well - no loading, ejecting or misfires.
- Even though it's small it still can take 7+1 rounds of 9mm P.A.K. ammo.
- One of the lower priced blank guns.
- Nice Satin two-tone finish.
- Magazine ejector is on the bottom and not the side like a real PPK, but it's still effective.
- No slide release but this is true to the original design.
- I wouldn't of minded the grips to be more of a matte finished, not a big fan of shinny grips
The EKOL Major is a nice overall 9mm P.A.K. blank shooter, it has a very simple design and the classic semi auto compact pistol look. It is one of the easier guns to filed strip making it easy to clean if you plan on using it regularly. If your a James Bond fan and want the Agent 007 sidearm without the hassle of actually purchasing a real Walther PPK then the EKOL Major might just be right for you.
My table top YouTube Video Review of the EKOL Major Blank Pistol: