Type: BB air pistol.
Model: CP99 Compact.
Materials: Metal slide, composite frame.
Weight: 1.6 pounds.
Barrel: 3.5 inches, non-rifled.
Propulsion: CO2 x 1.
Action: Semi auto, blowback, single action only.
Ammunition Type: Steel BBs 4.5mm.
Ammunition Capacity: 18 rounds.
Trigger Pull: The trigger pull on the Umarex CP99 Compact is amazing, it is short and light making it one of the best action shooters I own. You can fire this gun accurately and fast all day long.
Accuracy: Good, I find the sights on the CP99 Compact set up to work really well with my shooting style. I don't have to make any adjustments and I'm able to get tight groups even when shooting fairly quickly.
Build Quality: Excellent, this BB gun is made in Japan and it shows, I have owned it for close to 5 years now and it still shoots just as good as the day I bought it. It's well made, well finished and feels great in the hand.
Realism: This Replica BB gun has many of the same characteristics of the actual 9mm P99 Compact with the exception of having a longer handle and much different safety mechanism. My particular version did not have a cut out ejection port either but I believe the newer models do have cut out ejection ports adding to the realism of this replica CP99 Compact BB gun.
Available at: the Replica Airguns Store.
- Decent reproduction of the original Walther P99 Compact 9mm.
- Would make an excellent training gun as it has a similar size, weight, and feel to the actual Walther P99 Compact 9mm handgun.
- Blowback action is very firm adding to the realism of shooting this weapon.
- Decent FPS and CO2 efficiency for a blowback BB air gun.
- Amazing trigger pull making it a blast to shoot.
- Picatinny rail for accessories like a laser sight and/or tactical light.
- Ejection port on older models is not cut out but rather molded into the slide.
- Safety lever seems out of place and takes away from the realism of this replica.
This fine Blowback BB gun was the airgun that got me back to being interested in Replica Airguns. I've put thousands of rounds through this BB gun and it hasn't always been treated with the greatest care, but still it has held up very well. The Umarex Walther CP99 Compact a really fun gun to shoot and is not only easy on the pocket book to purchase but also to shoot, as it easily gets 100 shots plus per CO2 cartridge.
My YouTube Video Review for this Airgun: