Type: Airsoft Pistol.
Model: H&K USP.
Materials: Mostly clear plastic exterior with metal magazine and internal metal parts.
Weight: 1.2 pounds (544 grams).
Barrel: 4 inches, metal non-rifled with internal Hop-up.
Propulsion: CO2 x 1.
Action: Semi auto, double action only.
Ammunition Type: 6mm Plastic BB's.
Ammunition Capacity: 16 round full size drop out magazine.
FPS: 360 (.12 gram BB's).
Trigger Pull: The trigger pull on the Umarex HK USP Clear CO2 Airsoft Gun is pretty light for a Double Action Only trigger and it will allow for some pretty quick rapid fire action shooting. The hammer is basically for show as the hammer is actually situated internally.
Accuracy: So far I have not had a chance to test the Umarex HK USP Clear CO2 Airsoft Gun out but I expect it to get around 300 fps using .20 gram plastic Airsoft BB's and with the internal hop-up it should also be fairly accurate. We will have to find out later on when I get outside and perform my Field Test Shooting Video Review.
Build Quality: My first impressions of a clear plastic gun are that it is going to be cheaply made but this is not the case with the Umarex HK USP Clear CO2 Airsoft Gun. For the most part it is exactly like the all black Steel BB version I already reviewed other than the clear plastic shell. Everything else about the Umarex HK USP Clear CO2 Airsoft Gun is the same and there is a lot internal metal parts including a metal barrel and breach and a full internal metal chassis. I would have like to have seen a metal trigger, hammer, safety and slide catch release.
Realism: The Umarex HK USP Clear CO2 Airsoft Gun is a fully licensed replica of the real H&K USP automatic pistol. Other than it being clear and having a red tip is an extremely close looking and accurate replica of the real steel version. It does not operate the same since it is non blowback and does not have a moving slide but visually it is a very good copy.
Purchased this gun from: The Replica Airguns Store.
- Relatively low cost gun, even less than the Steel BB version that is the same other than the clear plastic portions.
- Nice full size drop out magazine that holds the CO2 and Airsoft BB’s.
- Lots of internal metal parts gives decent weight to the gun even though much of the shell is plastic.
- Rail for accessories.
- CO2 screw is well hidden in magazine.
- H&K licensing via Umarex.
- Red dot sights are easy to see on most targets.
- Should have just the right amount of power for indoor CQB style Airsoft games.
- Makes a good starter pistol for someone getting into the hobby that may not want a gun that looks too realistic.
- Being a clear gun obviously takes away from the realism but that is the point of this gun so as not be confused with a real gun..
- Would have been nice if the magazine was metal like earlier versions of the HK USP.
- Also would have been nice to see more metal parts like the hammer, magazine release, safety, and slide catch release.
As I mentioned in my video of the Umarex P99 Clear Plastic Spring Airsoft Pistol, I can be a bit of an Airgun snob and I tend to stay away from the clear Airsoft guns since I like mostly metal guns with blowback operation. That said there is a place for these clear Airsoft pistols. The Umarex HK USP Clear CO2 Airsoft Gun other than being clear looks like a gun and shoots like a gun but will not be confused as being a real gun which can offer some more safety and less stress to all parties involved.
My YouTube Video Review for the Umarex HK USP Clear CO2 Airsoft Gun: