(Photo curtesy of www.co2airguns.net)
Type: BB air pistol.
Materials: Mostly all metal construction.
Weight: 1.8 pounds.
Barrel: 3.6 inches, steel, non-rifled.
Propulsion: CO2 x1.
Action: Semi auto blowback, double action.
Ammunition Type: Steel BBs 4.5mm.
Ammunition Capacity: 15 rounds
Trigger Pull: This gun has a medium trigger pull, the first 3/4 of the trigger pull actuates the hammer with a noticeable click when the hammer is all the way back and ready to fire. The last part of the trigger pull is much lighter. With practice you will be able to engage the hammer and then fire the gun in a kind of simulated single action mode.
Accuracy: Medium to good.
Build Quality: In its price range this air gun offers good build quality and value, it feels solid and well built and has a very hefty feel for a compact size gun. I would have liked to have seen the magazine made from metal rather than plastic.
Realism: This gun is loosely styled after a Sig Sauer 226-228. It is lacking a cut-out ejection port that would have added greatly to its realism. The grips are also molded into the handle giveing the gun durability but not authenticity. I would have also liked to see a heftier magazine as it's made out of plastic and feels a bit cheap compared to the rest of the gun. I do like the fact that the barrel tip has a large diameter opening making the gun look more like the larger caliber weapon it is styled after.
Purchased this gun from: The Replica Airguns Store
- Well priced for what you get.
- Mostly all metal construction (Except for the magazine).
- The gun feels really good in the hand and shoots well with a very responsive kick.
- Good powerful and accuracy for a blowback BB gun.
- Much better trigger pull/feel than the SA177.
- Has good power to CO2 usage ratio, can get around 100 shots per CO2 cartridge.
- Picatinny rail for accessories like Laser sights and tactical lights.
- Again with the plastic magazine but it is a con after all!
- Ejection Port should have been cut out to make the gun look more realistic.
- I would have like to have seen actual rubber grips rather than the moulded in metal ones.
I found this Umarex Blowback BB gun to be a really accurate, responsive and enjoyable gun to shoot. It is very compact yet has nice heft and the blowback action is snappy giving you the feeling of a real automatic weapon. The fact that this gun is so inexpensive and yet delivers great power and CO2 efficiency makes it not only affordable to buy but also shoot on a daily basis.
Here is the YouTube Field Test Video for this Airgun: