Type: Airsoft AR Styled Rifles.
Model: Top Tech TR15 XL AEG / CM16 Raider GBB
Materials: Metal and plastic/fiber construction.
Weight: 6 / 5 pounds.
Barrel: 14.5 / 10 inches, metal non-rifled.
Propulsion: AEG / GBB
Action: Semi & full auto blowback.
Ammunition Type: 6mm plastic Airsoft BB's.
Ammunition Capacity: 450 / 30 round magazine.
Trigger Pull: The trigger pull on both G&G AR styled Airsoft rifles is very smooth, since the Top Tech TR15 is an AEG, the trigger is mainly just an electric on/off switch that controls the motor. While the CM16 Raider uses a mechanical trigger that once the charging handle has been pulled back, works in a single action only manor with a slight bit of take-up and then a light predictable release.
Accuracy: Both Airsoft AR's where shot from the 30 foot mark in semi and full auto. The G&G Top Tech TR15 AEG seemed to be the better of the two and was a tac driver in both semi and full auto, I did get some nice closely grouped shots from the G&G CM16 Raider Gas Blowback but when shooting in full auto it did spread apart somewhat, maybe from the heavier recoil? Again the G&G Top Tech TR15 AEG outshot the G&G CM16 Raider GBB in velocity getting right around 375 fps over the 325 or so from the blowback, I was using .25 gram BB's and it was a cool day so you can expect higher fps out of the G&G CM16 Raider when conditions are better.
Build Quality: Even though both guns are at the opposite ends of their price point spectrum with the AEG being a more high end unit and the GBB being built more from the price conscience person. The quality is consistent and good with both Airsoft guns. The only real difference seemed to be more metal parts in the G&G Top Tech TR15 AEG. I did not mind having more plastic in the G&G CM16 Raider GBB as my plan form the beginning was to add a lot of extra accessories and starting out with a somewhat lighter footprint made the gun still relatively usable even when all geared up.
Realism: Airsoft AR rifles in my opinion are very realistic, even the G&G Top Tech TR15 AEG versions work just like the real steel AR's with working charging handles, dust covers, bolts, magazine, adjustable stocks and sights, but I would have to give the advantage to the G&G CM16 Raider GBB as it has a full internal bolt with some decent recoil, it can also be field striped very similarly to a real AR15 rifle. The shot count is more like what you would find in an M16 or AR rifle which means you will need to consider ammo reloading more carefully when using it.
Purchased From: The Replica Airguns Store.
- Top Tech TR15: Lots of metal and good overall weight.
- Top Tech TR15: Very good Accuracy and FPS.
- Top Tech TR15: Does have blowback action.
- Top Tech TR15: Comes with fore grip and Rail covers.
- Top Tech TR15: Comes with a battery and charger.
- CM16 Raider: Nice realistic blowback operation.
- CM16 Raider: Very low price point but still a very good quality gun overall.
- CM16 Raider: Gas magazine is very well designed, well built and good usage of gas.
- CM16 Raider: Rate of fire in full auto is nice and high.
- CM16 Raider: Very compact and lightweight, would be great to pack around.
- Top Tech TR15: Blowback operation is very light.
- Top Tech TR15: A bit on the higher end price point.
- CM16 Raider: Has a plastic upper and lower receiver and rail setup.
- CM16 Raider: Have to deal with the temperature related shortcoming of a gas system but you get a more realistic experience from it.
The G&G Top Tech TR15 AEG and CM16 Raider Gas Blowback AR styled Airsoft Rifles are both great in their own respects and both have G&G's great quality control and overall build quality. You will just need to decide how much you plan to spend and how you are going to use one of these AR Airsoft rifles, there is definitely an overlap but the G&G Top Tech TR15 AEG will for sure outperform the GBB in terms of consistency and rounds going down range while the G&G CM16 Raider Gas Blowback will give you the ultimate realism with a truer ammo limit and recoil feel. The metal versus plastic is not really an issue and in some ways the lower weight of the plastic could even be a positive at the end of the day. Either way, both guns are winners in my eyes.
My YouTube Video Reviews for the G&G AR Top Tech TR15 and CM16 Raider Airsoft Rifles: