Type: Airsoft Pistol.
Model: Elite Force Race Gun.
Materials: Mostly Metal.
Weight: 2.45 pounds (1114 grams).
Barrel: 6.375 inches, metal non-rifled.
Propulsion: 12 gram CO2.
Action: Semi auto, single action only with blowback.
Ammunition Type: 6mm plastic BB's.
Ammunition Capacity: 16 round full size drop out magazine.
Trigger Pull: The Single Action Only trigger pull on the Umarex Elite Force Blowback CO2 Airsoft Race Gun is what you want when looking for a gun made specifically for IPSC styled shooting. The trigger is nice and light with a very short take up and crisp release. Exactly what you would be looking for when wanting to shoot accurately and quickly as in with IPSC competition shooting!
Accuracy: I have not done a field test or shooting video for the Umarex Elite Force Blowback CO2 Airsoft Race Gun so far, I am just waiting for the weather to get a little bit better but that should be soon! I woudl expect this pistol to get close to 400 fps on a warm day and pretty decent shots pre CO2 with its shorter blowback action and magazine design that seals the Airsoft BB in the breach. We will have to wait and see ot be sure...
Build Quality: The Umarex Elite Force Blowback CO2 Airsoft Race Gun is well built, it's pretty much entirely metal except for the grips and part of the full size magazine. It weighs in at a hefty 2.5 pounds so be prepared for a relatively heavy pistol but with good balance that will offset the weight of it. The tolerances are very good with very little slide wiggle the slide spring is nice and firm and the slide catch release seems to function really well, I like that the slide racking handle can be switched to either side of the gun depending on your shooting preference.
Realism: The Umarex Elite Force Blowback CO2 Airsoft Race Gun is not based on any one gun that I am aware of but overall looks the part of a real gun with all the working parts and features of a semi auto pistol of this type. You will find a full size drop out magazine is sprung to eject with force when you press the magazine release which is great for IPSC shooting. The slide catch/release will also lock the slide back on the last shot and with rails top and bottom you have several options for adding accessories.
Purchase it from: The Replica Airguns Store
- All metal construction - good weight and very solid feeling gun.
- Heavy snappy blowback action, good recoil spring tension.
- Fit and finish is really nice.
- Well balanced, so even with heavy blowback the gun should stay on target.
- Really light, short and smooth single action trigger, for quick follow up shots.
- Can take the sight rail off and install one of the two included adjustable open sight options.
- Expect it to get a decent amount of shots per CO2 because of the limited blowback action and magazine design.
- Would make a nice IPSC trainer.
- Comes with a red tip but may be able to take it off.
- Not sure about the hop-up setup, believe it has hop-up but no way to adjust it that I could find.
- Has that white waring instruction labeling on the slide, at least it is in very small print.
Overall the Umarex Elite Force Blowback CO2 Airsoft Race Gun is a really nice competition shooting pistol and I am looking forward to getting some shooting time in with it to see if it performs as good as I believe it will. I am also hoping with it's slightly shorter blowback action and magazine design that not only will it get good fps but also a reasonable amount of shots per CO2. At this point I am not sure if am going to put a Red Dot on the sight rail or take the sight rail off and go with open metal sights, either way I pretty sure to expect fast and accurate shooting with this IPSC inspired Race Gun.
My YouTube Video Review for the Umarex Elite Force Blowback CO2 Airsoft Race Gun: